Film Fest Gent
Film Fest Gent is Belgium’s most prominent annual film event, presenting some 100 features and 50 shorts to an audience of over 100,000 spectators. The festival is covered by the Benelux press and media and attracts increasing attention from foreign press and professional industry.
Variety called the festival one of the 50 “must attend fests”, and The Wall Street Journal catalogued it amongst the 5 European “fests with character”.
11.10.2022 ⟶ 22.10.2022
International Short Film Competition
– Best International Short Film: cash prize of €5,000 for the director(s)
Belgian Student Short Competition
– Best Belgian Student Short: cash prize of €5,000 for the director(s)
– THE PACK Audience Award: post production budget of €7,500 for the director(s)
Until May 31st you can enter at an early bird entry fee:
• Entry fee shorts (max. 30 min): €20 / title
• Entry Medium Length films (31-69 min.): €30 / title
From 1 June 2022 the entry fee will be:
• Entry fee shorts (max. 30 min): €30 / title
• Entry Medium Length films (31-69 min.): €40 / title
(Programmer & Short Film Coordinator)
Michiel Philippaerts is a programmer and short film coordinator for Film Fest Gent, Belgium’s most prominent annual film event. He has helped curate and organize several local film festivals in Ghent and served on the jury for the Dutch-Belgian Visser-Neerlandia Prize for Screenplay in 2018 and 2019. As a critic, he writes for Kortfilm.be and Talking Shorts. In 2021, Michiel became part of the short film commission of the Flanders Audiovisual Fund (VAF).